Monday, March 7, 2016

Political Experience

I attended the Bernie Sanders rally at Morehouse College in Atlanta. I have never been to a presidential rally before. The experience was amazing. I enjoyed every moment of it. I was standing in line for about an hour and a law. It was terrible! Secret Service were checking purses and did not allow anyone to bring in umbrellas even though it was raining. I even thought it was interesting seeing their shirts saying "Secret Service."

 Moving forward, I walked into the gym and I've never seen such a diverse crowd. It kind of felt like a movie. The rows were full of press, photographers, writers, graduates, college students, and everyday citizens.

One of the things I learned is to be more confident went talking/interviewing people. As a journalist major, speaking to people is a big part of my career. But that day in particular taught me to be more confident when I'm speaking,talking clearly, being able to use what you have to conduct and interview, and being able to approach different people.

 Another thing I learned is being able to work with what you have and with distractions. Throughout out the rally, I has to use my phone to record audio, take pictures., record interviews, and i also used my phone to take notes. Even with the noise in the gym, I had to four on what Sanders was saying and being able to write quotes that stood out.

 Overall I loved the rally experience! It helped me realize how much I love my major more.

No comments:

Post a Comment